Ahhhh, I'm so happy with how this cheesecake turned out, For a while I pretty much just gave up on cooking completely sugar free as I didn't quite acquire a taste for stevia, I just found that most had a bitter after taste. I was sooo happy when a friend of mine told me about an amazing 100% natural plant based product called 'Natvia' and more importantly that it didn't have this bitterness to it so I decided to give it a try and boom am I happy I did! If you haven't already gathered, I now use it in pretty much everything, my smoothies, my coffee, in my baking, I seriously go through at least 2 canisters a week haha!
In this recipe today, I have used Natvia's baking pack, which is a great sweetener to use in baking as it's finer than the regular formulations and made specifically for this purpose. It's such a great alternative to sugar if your looking to reduce or cut it out from your diet but would still like to sweeten up your kitchen creations without the added calories , fructose or carbs.. It's definitely got a tick of approval from me and would highly recommend to anyone. :) (P.S - For anyone wondering where to buy, I got mine from Woolworths but i'm pretty sure you can also buy from Coles!) xx
So, now onto the amazing Baked Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake I made!
- You will need; Round 21 cm flan tin with push out base.
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celcius / 356 Degrees Fahrenheit
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tbs natvia
1 tbs vegan butter or coconut oil
Method for base:
1. In a food processor, Blend all base ingredients until they stick together. Press evenly into base and a little up the sides of flan tin.
2. Place in oven for 15 minutes to slightly harden and very lightly brown.
1 & 1/2 cups vegan cream cheese
The juice from 1 lemon
Zest from half lemon
2 1/2 tbs natvia
1 tbs arrowroot powder
Method for Cheesecake:
Place all Cheesecake ingredients into food processor, blend until all mixed and pour over base.
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp natvia
1 tbs arrowroot powder
1/4 cup water
Method for Blueberry layer:
1. Place all blueberry ingredients into a small saucepan and mix until you reach boiling point. Simmer for 5 mins or until ingredients start to thicken.
2. Evenly drizzle over the top of cheesecake.
3. Place cheesecake into oven and bake for 20 minutes or until firm and lightly brown around edges.
4. Allow to cool down before removing from flan tin, once cooled down, gently remove, slice and serve!
Best kept refrigerated if not eating straight away. Should keep a few days ;)