Boooya, Gotta love when a recipe goes to plan and boy have I nailed the most amazing chewy caramel cookies for you guys! These babies are Gluten, dairy & grain free and are so delicious! I had to contain myself otherwise I would have eaten the entire batch in 1 go!
It's a little goal of mine to try and mix things up a bit and make a variety of baked goodies to suit most people hence why I will sometimes add substitutes or provide 2 - 3 alternate options for the ingredients! If there is something you see that you are unable to have, please feel free to contact me to ask for a substitute ingredient!
Here is the recipe, make sure you tag me if you remake!!! Xx
- Yields approx 10 - 15 cookies
1 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 heaped tbs almond butter
1 & 1/2 tbs coconut oil (melted)
Ogran Egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg for vegan (Vegetarians can use an egg)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of pink Himalayan crystal salt
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients
- Add all remaining ingredients & stir until everything has been incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out small balls as you would with cookie dough and place separated on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 mins on 180 degrees celsius 356 Fahrenheit. (These cookies bake quite quickly so be sure to keep checking them so not to burn). Once very lightly browned, remove tray from oven and allow to cool down for 10 mins before touching otherwise they will crumble.
- Optional - Add a dollop of almond butter ontop!